On Nov. 2 we hosted our first evangelistic conference in which several pastors from local area churches preached upon different aspects of the gospel.
We are thankful to the local paper for promoting the event free of charge in addition we were pleased that there were many new visitors to our church who came under the faithful preaching of the word! Pray that the Lord will use the preached word to lead many unto genuine repentance and faith.
Here is a list of the sermons: Message #1: Ye Must Be Born Again John 3:1-7 (Rev. Paul Burton) Message #2: Why God Insists on Faith - Ephesians 2:1-9 (Rev. Dennis Clark) Message #3: When God Calls - 1 Samuel 3:1-10 (Rev. Peter Baugh) Message #4: The Tragedy of Being a 'Half Believer' - Jeremiah 38:16-23 (Rev. Ron Garner) Message #5: Why People Can't Believe - John 1:46 (Rev. Bob Bolles) Message #6: The Triumph of the Cross - Colossians 2:9-15 (Rev. David Charles)
To listen to them go here: https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceonly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=crbc1689&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=Reformed+Baptist+Fellowship
Go here to view our newly updated video series on the book John.
Our whole church recently gathered together to celebrate the addition of a baby girl to one of the church families. The day started off with an opening benediction by pastor Doug from Psalm 127:3 and was then followed with fun, food, games and fellowship.
Please pray for these parents as they seek to raise and disciple their new little girl for the glory of God and His purposes.
Please pray with us that God would be pleased to use the 300 gospel tracts that two men from the church personally handed out to Saturday shoppers in the New Castle area.
Street witnessing and tract distribution is just one way in which the church of Jesus Christ can continue to be salt and light to a sin sick and dying world.
"Let us trust as if all depends upon God, and let us work as if all depends upon us."
"...I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
One year ago this young man come forward and confessed repentance and faith in the Savior and wished to receive a disciple's baptism. The church along with his parents have watched and observed the Spirit's fruit in his life and his continued commitment to Christ and Christ's church. Please remember this new convert in your prayers.
Time is running out! Be sure to register for the Future Famers Event coming up on Sept. 23rd.
To learn more visit: www.FutureFramers.org
Please be sure to join us at the CAPTURE conference on Sept. 6 thru 8. Pastor Doug has been asked to give a three part talk on 'The Progressive Covenants of the Bible'.
Click here to learn more.
Please come out and visit CRBC at the next INDIANA Reformed Baptist Fellowship meeting on JULY 22.
Talk #1 - The 1689 Baptist Confession's Role in the Local Church
Talk #2 - Of Repentance Unto Life & Salvation - Chp.15 of the 1689 Baptist Confession
To learn more visit: www.rbfi.org
Praise be to God for protecting the brethren of the church during a recent gospel witness outreach where over 900 +/- gospel tracts were distributed throughout the city of New Castle. Now let us pray that God will work out his Sovereign will with these gospel seeds which have been planted!
I have found that often times Christians are a bit timid to share the gospel with strangers, however one way to shake off such hesitation is by beginning to use tracts. The tracts we promote and use ourselves in various evangelistic outreach efforts are short, to the point and most importantly faithful to the truth of Scripture.
On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month we gather together after church and have a good 'ole fashioned pitch in. We warmly invite you to drop in for a visit.
Please come out and visit CRBC at the next INDIANA Reformed Baptist Fellowship meeting on APRIL 22.
Talk #1 - The Free Gospel Offer
Talk #2 - Of Saving Faith - Chp.14 of the 1689 Baptist Confession
To learn more visit: www.rbfi.org
Our church’s small print ministry is thankful to the Lord who, through our faithful supporters enabled us to place over 100 copies of the 1689 Baptist Confession & Steve Weaver’s booklet (1689 Baptist Confession and Early American Missions) into the hands of various leaders attending an international pastor’s conference in Ohio next month. Good, solid, reformed, evangelical and baptistic information in the hands of future generations is one vital element in our overall attempt to further promote doctrinal fidelity among the body of Christ.
To learn more about our print ministry and how you can help go to: www.rbfaithandfamily.org
SPIRITUAL LESSONS FROM OT KINGS
1 KINGS 21 - BEWARE OF COVETOUSNESS
"Covetousness demands a compromise of one’s character, it requires a divided heart – and for anyone who has been ensnared by this silent, invisible enemy, you had better be crystal clear of this one truth – covetousness will take you farther and deeper than you ever anticipated on going and end up costing you your soul!"
~ Excerpt from Sermon
Reformed Baptist Fellowship of Indiana
We are thankful to the Lord as we enter our third year of fellowship, and in particular for the blessings mentioned below which occurred throughout the year of 2016.
Here are a couple of testimonies of fruitfulness that have come from 2016:
1. There is a young pastor who is at an American Baptist Church (USA) that requested copies of the 1693 Baptist Catechism to begin teaching at his church.
2. Additionally, there is another pastor at a SBC church who also contacted us to get 100 copies of the Baptist Catechism to teach at his church.
3. There was a RB family who found a RB church which participates in the fellowship to member into and thus has been a real blessing to their further strength and growth.
4. A seminary student from Covenant Baptist Seminary who fellowships with us has just finished transcribing and formatting Stott's 'History of the Indiana Baptists' which of course illustrates the place of the 1689 Baptist Confession in the roots of Indiana Baptists. We hope to get this printed and mailed out to over 900+ Baptist churches throughout Indiana in hopes of planting seeds of introduction to these old doctrines that many know nothing about.
5. There is a 16yr old young man that attends the fellowship with his father that is working on a school book report covering the book by RBAP publishers entitled 'Covenant Theology from Adam to Christ' by Nehemiah Cox and John Owen.
6. The spirit of co-operation and our united efforts to preserve the biblical doctrines of the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith through a fellowship such as ours has inspired brethren in Ohio to start a similar fellowship which had their first meeting in Oct. 2016 with a great turn out.
7. This forum of the fellowship creates an opportunity for those who are interested in or are themselves confessional RBs to come and enjoy like minded fellowship. For instance we learned of two young men from the Terre Haute area that joined us at a recent meeting who were overwhelmed at the opportunity to sit down and discuss the doctrines of the 1689 Baptist Confession and the various implications they have on church and practice face to face with other brethren. Additionally, these brethren reported that there is a strong possibility a confessional RB church is going to be planted in their area!
8. After briefly discussing the various types of unity (doctrinal/confessional, ecclesiastical, practical, spiritual, liturgical) their was a proposal and latter discussion of working together to use the fellowship (with the co-operation and participation of the variously involved churches) as a positive platform of education to the broader evangelical community within Indiana regarding the doctrinal beliefs held by Reformed Baptists as contained in the 1689 Baptist Confession through an on-line and printed news-letter in addition to on-line videos.
Additionally, for the new year we confirmed our initial primary purpose for the fellowship : Educate, Equip and Encourage one another for the work of the ministry - all to the glory of God.
Therefore, please pray for a blessed new year as we seek to honor Christ and His Church as servants who continue to uphold the biblical doctrines as historically confessed in the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith.