Who doesn't want to know what to expect? We know it can be intimidating walking into a strange place to meet strangers for the first time, so we thought we'd tell you ahead of time what to expect. You can expect to see:
- Young and old together. You will see a lot of children sitting with their parents through the worship service. We are a church that loves our children and especially the opportunity to teach them all about the great Savior - Jesus! Our service is for everyone, instead of focusing our worship on different age groups and demographics we strive to be a united body of believers before God in worship and that includes whole families, married couples and singles alike. There is a "crying room" adjacent to the sanctuary which is equipped with audio/visual of the main service available for moms with smaller children that from time to time may need to utilize it.
- Comfortable and yet respectful. When it comes to dress, the only biblical directives we encourage is that immodesty be avoided and/or any effort to draw attention to ourselves. (I Tim. 2:8-10) In other words, our main focus during worship is to be on God while His main focus is on our hearts not our outward apperance. (I Sam. 16:7)
- An emphasis on the preaching of God's Word. Preaching is at the center of the worship service. God speaks to us in His Word. We love to hear the proclamation of God's Word and so preaching is a big part of our life as a church family.
- Smiling, friendly faces. God's grace saves and changes us. When God saved the worst of sinners, he saved us, so we have a hard time looking upon others and not hoping that, by God's grace, they too will come to know the blessings of belonging to Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
- Keeping it simple. We seek to do what God's people worldwide have been doing for over two thousand years. We sing traditional hymns and psalms as a whole congregation to our God and Savior (Ephesians 5:19). We seek His face through sincere and fervent prayer (1 Timothy 2:1, 8), and reverently listen to Him speak to us through the reading, teaching and preaching of His Word (2 Tim. 4:1, 2). Since we believe without reservation that the Bible is the infallible and unerring Word of God, we endeavor to make that Word the central focus of our worship.
We believe that it is the Word of God that (1) Changes men and fits them for heaven through the salvation that is found only in the Lord Jesus Christ, and (2) Equips us to live in this world in a way that pleases God and blesses our fellow man (1 Tim. 3:15-17).
So then, if you are looking for a church for you and your family, we would love to have you visit us. If there is any way we can be of spiritual benefit to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We Would Love to Have You Visit Soon!
Christ Reformed Baptist Church 2630 Woodward Ave. New Castle, Indiana 47362